Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Happy Halloween!

Pattern: Tea Time Pumpkin Coasters by Ira Rott
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft
Hook: Size H
Start/Finish: 9/23/2017

Good morning everyone! "Another glorious morning! It makes me sick!!" LOL Had to throw in some Hocus Pocus humor since it's Halloween today :)

I sent a small Halloween package to my friend Amanda this year. I found a cute DIY wood canvas kit at Target that I thought she'd have fun working on. I also sent her a Disney die cut that she was looking for and two books by Patricia Briggs that she hadn't read yet. I found the books while on one of my used bookstore jaunts. I knew I hadn't read them so I picked them up and as luck would have it I could pass them on to Amanda because she hadn't read them either ;)

In September I was looking on the Internet for a cute Halloween/Fall crochet pattern to make for Amanda's package. I found the pumpkin coasters pattern on Ravelry. Aren't they adorable? I love the ruffle edges.

I was hoping to get a better picture of the coasters, but my cell phone camera has trouble taking accurate photos of crocheted items. It will either make the picture darker than real life or wash out the colors completely. I just can't seem to win with it.

In other non-Halloween related news, I ordered fabric from MCG Textiles website. I got it in yesterday. I had sent a comment in with my order requesting a more creme colored fabric instead of their 'new' version of antique white evenweave. Well, they tried to help, but it still doesn't match what I had used previously. The color they sent was creme, but it was a dark creme instead of a light creme.

So on to Plan B.....well, I really don't have a Plan B.......but it will probably involve going to the store and buying some creme colored linen......assuming I can find it since Hobby Lobby has cut down on their selection of linens and evenweave in the needlework dept.

Anywho, I hope everyone has a wonderful Halloween!!!

Until next time ^____^

2 comments:

  1. These little coasters are really great. And I'm sure that your friend was delighted about the book you sent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Rachel! Somehow I completely missed your post! Love those pumpkin coasters. I am not quite that good of a crocheter to try and stitch those. LOL My cellphone camera hates linen. No matter how I hold the phone, it blurs the fabric. Hmmmmm...I thought it was me. LOL Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete