Monday, July 31, 2017

Patriotic Picnic - Brooke's Books



With the last of my birthday Etsy card money from Kristina, I bought the Yummy Stitches Patriotic Picnic Group #2 set by Brooke's Books.

I started last Wednesday and was able to finish the watermelon. Since I took today off from work to get some rest after the convention, I was able to work on a few more motifs, the pinwheel and part of the basket.

I need to buy the specialty DMC memory threads. While my sister and I were at Accents, Inc. on Thursday, I bought one of the memory thread colors because it works for this project and the Snow White design. I plan on ordering the rest of the memory threads online because they are cheaper.

I can't wait to work more on this pattern. The motifs are adorable. I really, really hope that Brooke decides to design more 'kawaii' motifs for each season or holiday!!! They make great ornaments or even bunting banners :)

Until next time ^____^

5 comments:

  1. You are right, the motifs are adorable. Great design that you started, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Sometimes you just need something cute to stitch :)

      Delete
  2. I've never done any Brooke's Books...not sure why...Hmmmm, maybe I should take a closer look. You are such an enabler. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first one and I am loving it. You know me and kawaii designs :)

      She does have some lovely non-kawaii designs too.

      Lol glad I can be of assistance in the enabling department :)

      Delete
  3. It is the rainy season here in Japan. I too have many projects started and want to continue working on.
    ลาลีกา

    ReplyDelete