Saturday, July 1, 2017

June Recap

Recap:

Read:
1. Blood Vow by J.R. Ward
2. Lucile by Owen Meredith
3. The Inexplicables by Cherie Priest
4. The Japanese House: Architecture and Interiors by Noboru Murato and Alexandra Black
5. Fiddlehead by Cherie Priest
6. The End of Magic by Amber Benson
7. Truth Dexter by Sidney McCall

Crafts:
1. Totoro steampunk amigurumi
2. Unicorn amigurumi
3. Mini potted amigurumi
4. Kappa amigurumi
5. Kokeshi amigurumi
6. Lucky kitty amigurumi
7. 2 onigiri amigurumi
8. 3 soot sprite amigurumi
9. 6 star amigurumi

Good afternoon everyone! I can't believe it's July already. Where has the month gone? In my case, it's gone to reading and a bunch of amigurumi crocheting.

As you may remember, I had bought two of Sidney McCall/Mary Fenollosa's books in May. I didn't want to take the chance that I would destroy the hard copy book I had bought and luckily I was able to find Truth Dexter on Amazon for the Kindle.

Surprisingly, it was a good book. It centers around a Southern girl named Truth Dexter and a Northern lawyer named Craighead Van der Weyde. The novel is what we would call a typical romance nowadays. I can see why the book was popular during the time period.

Hmmm....what else?....ah, yes, amigurumi crocheting. I think my favorite is the kappa amigurumi. I love fairy tales in general, but the Asian cultures have interesting tales that you don't find anywhere else. I decided I wanted to make a mythical creature amigurumi so I went with a kappa. Mine is a cute version of the creature :)

What else? ~ you already know my plans for after July, lots and lots of stitching. So what are my plans for July? I might finish a few more amigurumi, but I also need to get some boxes together to display my amigurumis at the con later this month. Last year I had gone to post office and got a bunch of those free priority boxes, cut them down, and wrapped them in paper. That way I could make 'shelving' for my amigurumis on my table.

I had gone by Hobby Lobby and Target this morning in the hopes that I would find some wrapping paper that wasn't smooth, but had a rougher texture so my amigurumis wouldn't slide off the paper like they did last year for the majority of the convention. No such luck.......I did however see that you could buy postal shipping paper which is a coarse paper. I wonder if I should get that and decorate the boxes with washi tape or something?!

Hmm....I'll have to consult my sister about it. She's the artsy creative type. I'm not good with art at all...that gene skipped me entirely. LOL

I hope everyone has a lovely 4th of July weekend. And to all my Canadian readers, I hope you have a fabulous Canada Day today :)

Until next time ^____^




No comments:

Post a Comment