Sunday, February 14, 2016

Sunday Baking - Ginger and Cardamom Cookies


Since making that flourless chocolate cardamom cake, I have been on the hunt for recipes featuring cardamom since I have quite a lot of the spice bottle to consume.

I ran across a recipe on the SP Cookie Queen's blog for ginger and cardamom cookies. The good news is that I used more cardamom, bad news is that it called for crystallized ginger so I have another bottle in the spice section of our cupboard that I will have to figure out what to do with O~o"

Luckily the recipe called for two ounces of crystallized ginger so I only have an ounce left!! (It's the small things in life, right?!)

While I love the taste of these cookies, the consistency is not my cup of tea. Now the recipe says you'll get soft and chewy cookies.....it's more like soft, chewy, and dry.

Not that it's a bad thing, just different. My sister made a good observation: they are like soft shortbread cookies.

Since my family didn't really care for the cookies, I will be taking them to work tomorrow. At least I know the guys in my department will eat them and I know I'll steal a few during the day :)

Until next time >___<

1 comment:

  1. Sound really good, your cookies. I bet they didn't last long when you took them with you to work, lol.

    ReplyDelete