Sunday, February 14, 2016

A Bookish Saturday

I paid a visit to the Book Nook yesterday morning as I was on the hunt for novels in the Robotech series since my friend Bonnie mentioned that she was trying to find them. I had remembered seeing a few of the series the last time I visited the shop.

It has been lovely weather so I took a picture of the campus' chapel that is beside the library where the Book Nook is located.



As you can probably tell by now, I am always on the lookout for:

1) Fairytales
2) Anything related to Japan
3) Classics
4) Sir Arthur Conan Doyle novels
5) Interesting vintage or antique books

In addition to the books I found for Bonnie, I came away with some other treasures.


A copy of the Legends of the Rhine by Wilhelm Ruland, published in 1937. The handwritten notation at the front of the book says it belonged to a Mrs. John S. Pritchett in Wiesbaden, Germany in 1937.


Madame Chrysantheme by Pierre Loti.


And lastly a gorgeous copy of The Burgess Flower Book for Children, published in 1931. I love when I find books that have the original cover art still intact.

I know you aren't supposed to judge a book by its cover, but I think exceptions can be made for books such as these. Don't you agree?

Until next time >___<

1 comment:

  1. The book by Piere Lotti must be beautiful!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete