Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Mechacon 2014

My sister and I went to New Orleans on Saturday for Mechacon (her first convention). We had a lot of fun though my sister was overwhelmed by all the people in attendance.

I had only purchased a few things: some different flavors of Ramune soda, Japanese snacks, a new cell phone charm, three issues of Gearhearts Steampunk Revue comic, and the first volume of Hetalia. I was surprised to find the Hetalia manga as it has been out of print for a while since Tokyopop went out of business.

There was some amazing cosplayers at the convention. I only got a few pictures as my sister and I were too busy trying not to be run over by everyone!

We had spent an hour in the Hetalia panel hosted by fans of the manga/anime. The costumes were great. I think my faves were Canada, Germany, and Russia. Afterwards while walking around, we found a beautiful girl cosplaying from the Sailor Moon anime.




Since we didn't stay late at the convention, we decided to drive over to Magazine Street to our favorite confectionery shop, Sucre. I had their summer berry verrine. It is an orange blossom pound cake with strawberries/blueberries and vanilla and Chantilly cream. It was a very light dessert..quite perfect for summer!



I can't wait to come back next year to Mechacon!

Until next time ^____^

No comments:

Post a Comment