Sunday, September 15, 2013

Whale of a Tale

Pattern: Richard the Whale by Stacey and Octopi
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft Party Sparkle Line and Red
Hook: Size H
Notions: 9mm safety eyes and black and light pink felt
Start/Finish: 9/1-2/2013 for blue octopus, 9/5-6/2013 for fuchsia octopus and 9/8-9/2013 for whale

A friendly whale and his octopi friends! When asked, they gladly agreed to pose for a group photo for me.

I liked the pattern for the whale, but I had problems with it. You would think it was the tail part of the pattern, but it was later on in the pattern with the increases. When consulting my knit/crochet guru of an aunt, she told me that I should have spread out the increases. Lesson learned! I still had fun with the pattern and would definitely attempt it again ^___^

Until next time ^_____^

No comments:

Post a Comment