Sunday, October 21, 2012

Horn of Plenty














Design: Horn of Plenty by Sharon Pope, JCS Sept/Oct 2012
Fabric: 28ct doubloon Cashel
Threads: Recommended DMC
Start: 10/2/2012

My aunt wanted me to stitch up this design from one of the JCS magazines that caught her eye in September. It's slow stitching for sure! There are a lot of color changes throughout so I'll be working on this design for a while.

There are so many symbols in the chart that I'm doing something I've never done before, highlighting my chart after I stitch an area. Without that I would be completely lost!

In other news, I've joined Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery's It's a Kawaii Winter Wonderland weekly stitching pattern. Until early November, the pattern is only $10 for 25 small designs! You get 5 patterns each week of November to make a cute sampler. Definitely worth the price. I loved the pattern that Carla at CC's Stitching Diary has been working on with monthly kawaii desserts/sweets that I knew I wanted to sign up for FPS' new design series.

Until next time ^____^

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful though! :) Thankfully my favorite designs only have a few colors, black, white, and maybe blue or green. :)

    I can't wait to see your Xmas stitching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This design caught my eye as well. You definitely made a great start on it!

    ReplyDelete