Thursday, September 6, 2012

A panda birthday package!

Hi, everyone! This Monday was my friend Amanda's 30th birthday! Since I was busy with house repairs and yard work over the weekend, I didn't have time to drop off her birthday package until Tuesday.

Since this was a special birthday, I included a lot of handmade presents amongst all the fun things I bought for my crafting best friend ;)

And you thought I was being lazy last month! LOL No, I was crafting away, but I couldn't post about any of it!!!


Pattern: Panda Amigurumi by Tamie Snow
Hook: Size G
Yarn: Red Heart Worsted white and black
Notions: Safety eyes/nose and felt, ribbon, and coin bead
Start/Finish: July


First off, I made this super cute panda. The pattern actually called for crocheted eyes and nose, but I opted for safety eyes/nose and felt. The only drawback to amigurumi is my stuffy. I didn't stuff it enough and didn't realize until I had the head and body attached. (sigh) It's still cute though ;)


Pattern: Two-Tiered Cake by Yummi 'Gurumi with strawberry by Ana Rimoli
Hook: Size E and F
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft white, red, and limelight
Start/Finish: July for cake and August for strawberry


Secondly, I wanted to make her a birthday cake. I found a pattern for a wedding cake in one of the amigurumi books I got for my birthday and thought I'd use that, but I'd change it a bit. Instead of crocheted flowers and icing, I made a strawberry to top the cake and added red ribbon and heart buttons.

Isn't it cute!? Love it ;) The only thing I wish I had done when making it was inserting a lid or something to stabilize the plushie.


Pattern: Snail by Knotty Designs and Mushrooms from Ana Rimoli
Hook: Size F and G
Yarn: Red Heart Worsted white, cherry red, turqua, and buff
Notions: Felt, embroidery thread, and heart button
Start/Finish: August




This might be my favorite! I had the idea of doing a 'snail mail' amigurumi to celebrate our friendship over the years using the post office.

I found a cute pattern online for the snail and used one of Ana Rimoli's books for the mushroom pattern to make a postman/snail and two mushroom houses. I used felt and thread to make windows and doors on the mushrooms. I even made a cute little mail bag for my snail and embellished it with a red heart button ;)




Pattern: Cupcake bear by All About Ami
Hook: Size F
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft Party Teal Sparkle
Notions: Safety eyes and nose
Start/Finish: August 30, 2012


This was a last minute gift that I made to add to her package. Using the pattern that Amanda used for a cupcake bear, I thought it would be cute as a large charm for a keyring.



More panda goodies! I made her a panda felt pincushion and beaded scissors fob.





My friend Kristina made something too, a sweet cross-stitched panda.



She wanted me to make her design into something for Amanda. As all of us are big readers, I thought a bookmark finish would be perfect. I used lace in my stash of notions and backstitched it to the edges of the design.

Other things included in her package:


A box of 1980s candy!


An alphabet mug!


Notepads and sushi magnets!


Two jewelry kits ;)


Crafting books on amigurumi and felties


Chocolate-themed puzzle

Darling, I hope you liked all your craft goodies and gifts. I had fun making things for you!

Until next time ^____^

2 comments:

  1. OMG Bunny!!! I loved them all!!! I Squealed and Awed and OMG'd the whole time I was opening up the package! hehe It felt like Xmas!!! There was so many cute stuff to upwrap. :D I love unwrapping! hehe

    You really spoiled me!! Thank you so much!!!
    Love ya!!! Hugs!!

    P.S. I blogged about it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great package you sent to your friend!!!
    LOVE the sanil with its bag...too cute!

    ReplyDelete