Sunday, July 25, 2010

In search of paper and rainy weather!

The title of this post says it all! As you know, I had too much fun with my perforated paper last weekend and hoped to find some this weekend. Well, that's definitely easier said then done. I stopped by Michael's, Joann's Fabrics, and Hobby Lobby in search of perforated paper. All with no luck. Michael's was the only store to carry the brand I needed, but sadly it was the wrong color. Hobby Lobby carried it, but it was 'perforated plastic' not paper.

In all honesty, I should have just gone to my local LNS and bought some, but innocently thought my local craft stores would carry it.

Well, I just placed orders with The Silver Needle and Down Sunshine Lane. One for perforated paper and the other for the newest designs from JBW (one of my weaknesses!). Hopefully, I will have my perforated paper order from SN by the end of the week so I can start again on my Democrat pin.

In other news, it has been a rainy weekend, which is great for reading, stitching, or in my case watching Emily of New Moon Season 1. I rented this DVD set from my local library.

Emily of New Moon was written by Lucy Maud Montgomery in 1923 and is similar to her Anne of Green Gables series as Emily Starr is an orphan who lives with her relatives after her father's death.

The TV series aired in Canada in 1998, two years after the end of Road of Avonlea series. From what I have watched so far, the series lacks the whimsicality of Anne of Green Gables and Road to Avonlea, but it has charm with Emily Starr's endearing personality and her quest to be a famous writer.

As children, our aunt bought the Anne of Green Gables set of books for my sister and I. They still sit on our bookshelves today, battered from countless readings, but very much loved. I'm quite surprised that we never read the adventures of Emily Starr of New Moon.

I've already put a hold on the book at my local library and hope to pick it up some time this week.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend with all their various projects :)

Until next time ^____^

No comments:

Post a Comment