Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I spy a penny dreadful!

Hi! I mentioned earlier that I might not be stitching as much this month if I was able to borrow a book. Well, said book has come in so you might not see me for a while....just depends ;) I borrowed The Child of Mystery; or The Cottager's Daughter by Hannah Maria Jones. Published 1837. Unfortunately it doesn't have its original binding, but at least it's readable! How I would have loved to see it though. There's nothing like feeling an antique book in your hands and seeing the gilded lettering on the spine.

Besides my book geekiness, I just finished watching The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. It was interesting. Who would have thought that Professor Moriarty could have escaped the Reichenbach Falls? It's amazing how Sherlock Holmes continues to live on in literary fiction after 83 years since his last adventure!

Until next time ^____^

No comments:

Post a Comment