Sunday, October 26, 2008

A welcome from two generations :)

I just remembered yesterday that I promised to take a picture of my aunt's 'Welcome' sign in my grandmother's foyer! I'm so forgetful sometimes O_o"


So pretty!!

My aunt cross stitched this welcome sign in the 1980s, possibly earlier. I quite like it, especially the fabric border! My modern version of a welcome sign is Bienvenue and the French bunnies :) I haven't decided how to frame my stitched piece yet :*(



Who would have thought that as a child I would wander pass the welcome sign for years and later take up cross stitching as an adult?!?!

In other news, I went by our local Fresh Market and instantly met a temptation in the form of gingerbread goodness!!


They were right by the checkout lanes too!!!

These yummy chocolate covered gingerbread cookies come out during the fall....and I can never resist them!! (Sigh)

Happy stitching everyone! Hopefully I can get my Eau block finished on the Elements sampler and have some pics tomorrow :)

2 comments:

  1. The welcome sign is not stitched on fabric, but rather basket material. Talk about sore fingers. I just needed to make something that matched the colors of the day-earthtones. Okay share the cookies Bunny! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel,
    Your bunny and sheep Bienvenue is so lovely!!
    It's so nice to present to friend's baby, don't you think?
    I have so many friends who now pregnant, so I better buy this book! :D

    ReplyDelete