Thursday, October 16, 2008

French bunnies

Hi, everyone! I apologize for not writing on my blog as often as I should! I have so much to talk about, but haven't had the time to sit down and blog :(

Just a quick post for tonight to show you my progress on a new design I picked out from one of the Japanese cross stitch books that I purchased earlier!


The design I chose comes from this book entitled Mots doux au point de croix. I didn't realize when I purchased the book that it was originally in French to begin with before being translated into Japanese! Silly me :)


Design: Anne Sohier-Fournel, 'Bienvenue!'
Thread: DMC B5200, 160, and 800
Fabric: 32ct Wichelt-Permin lambswool
Finished: nearly :)


As a first time user of Wichelt linen, I must say that I'm not a fan. I realize that it is considered a good quality brand, but I think I've been spoiled by using Zweigart....especially the 32ct linen olive green linen I've been stitching my Elements pattern on.....which I absolutely love :)

Perhaps, I shouldn't judge to harshly. I've noticed a difference in the linen I buy from my local craft store and my LNS. Even the Zweigart I buy pre-packaged from Hobby Lobby seems to be of a different quality compared to the fabric I've bought at my LNS. LOL Maybe I'm hallucinating!

What do you think of the design? Two bunnies playing jump rope with a lamb! I thought it would be cute to hang in the foyer of our house! Which reminds me, I must take a photo of a cross stitch 'Welcome' design that my aunt stitched years ago. I love it! It definitely adds a nice touch when you walk into our foyer.

I still have some more to finish on this design. The border around the edge and the words 'bienvenue' above the bunnies and lamb. Hopefully, I can get to it this weekend and have a finishing photo for you.

I quite like the designs featured in this French cross stitch book. Once I get finished with this design, I hope to work some more on my Elements pattern. I've neglected my cross stitch for a couple of weeks now except for occasionally stitching on the bunnies design. I promise to do better in the future :)

Happy Stitching!!

P.S. Today is my uncle's b-day!! Happy B-day!!! Love ya!

2 comments:

  1. I love the whimsy of the bunnies and the sheep playing jump rope. This should be so cute when finished. Ah Friday is here! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know about this book!
    It looks so lovely, I think I must buy it!! :D
    Your bunnies and sheep are so lovely, I'm looking forward to seeing of your next progress!

    ReplyDelete