Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Sweet Christmas Progress


In stitching news, I worked on Sweet Christmas last week and by the end of Sunday I had finished the domed cake on the left and started the last cake.


Last night, I finished the last cake in the pattern. The decorative base took longer than anticipated because I kept stitching the wrong sections and had to frog and stitch again. I finally got it done! I blame tired eyes and a complicated section.

Today I plan on stitching the border around the cakes, lots of cookies, candy, and leaves. I would love to finish this design by the end of the year :)

Later today, my family and I are going to see the new Fantastic Beasts movie and have dinner! Can't wait to enter the world of HP again :)

Have a great Thanksgiving holiday!!! Until next time >___<

2 comments:

  1. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! You'll have to post how you liked the Fantastic Beasts movie, i'm a little worried it will be disappointing after how great the Harry Potter movies were. And I love the stands on the cakes, the white stitching against that linen looks so delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see all the cakes finished. Now I'm very curious to see want the border looks like.

    ReplyDelete