Sunday, December 27, 2015

Sunday Baking - Strawberry Lemon Cake


Yesterday while at my local Target store, I ran across some yummy looking Duncan Hines Perfect Size cake mixes in their Valentine's section. I immediately picked up the strawberry lemon kiss flavor.


After taking all our Christmas decorations down and packing them up this morning, I decided to try baking the cake.

I preheated the oven to 275° and set my bunny timer. After 37 minutes, I was rewarded with a lovely fragrant strawberry cake.


I let it cool per the directions and added the lemon icing. I realized that when adding the icing I shouldn't have scraped the icing that had started to cool in the bowl as it started to clump up on the cake. So next time I'll know to pour the warm icing as much as possible and leave the leftover icing in the bowl so the cake will have a smoother look.


The cake was delicious! And the lemon icing paired well with the strawberry flavor of the cake.

I will definitely be buying a few more of these the next time I am at the store. They are perfect for small families to eat as desserts or even as a cute birthday cake!!!

Until next time >___<

No comments:

Post a Comment