Sunday, April 29, 2018

Parterre de Fleurs and a visit from a frog!


Good afternoon everyone! I hope you are having a great Sunday. No rain today, just sunny skies and a pleasant breeze. Makes me wish for a house with a screened in porch.....but then again I remember my allergies and it probably wouldn't be the best idea. LOL

I was hoping to make more progress on Parterre de Fleurs, but I got hit by the notorious stitching frog this afternoon. After I had stitched the flowers on the top, I went over to the right and started counting from my flowers to the bee wings and guess what?!? The entire row of flowers on the right side were stitched wrong.

Sigh.....how could I get an entire row wrong? The pattern. Usually Jardin Prive patterns are great, but this one, not so much. Since the flower motif repeats itself around the bee motif, the pattern only shows the bee motif, the bottom row of flowers, and the backstitch line on the bottom part.

What kind of craziness is that?!?! Ugh.........I had followed the bottom half of the pattern for the side when I should have followed the measly two rows on the side that the pattern provided to tell me where to put the flowers.......which I had assumed was the same as the bottom.

Jardin Prive needs to do better than that. Don't make people guess where two of the flowers on a row go because of two rows of two stitches......

Blah..!!!!

Anywho, after I was done frogging, I backstitched the entire border around the piece.....take that frog!!!

Hopefully I'll be able to finish up this design sometime this week. We'll see.

In other stitching news, I went through my stash to pull out threads for the Country Cottage Needlework Cakes patterns. It has been a WIP for quite a while so I thought I'd finish it up this year as my Frolicking Friday project ;)

On Friday night, we met up at Candace's house to celebrate our friend Bonnie's birthday. We had pizza, a turtle (chocolate and caramel) poke cake, and way (WAY) too many homemade chocolates.

I think she liked her gifts though she is preoccupied at the moment, for good reason. She and her family found out that her father has brain cancer so he starts radiation this week. I hope the treatment goes well.

I think they are trying to keep things as normal as possible, which is a positive thing to do. They were planning on going downtown today to take the duck boat tour around town and on the bay.

Please keep her in your thoughts! Have a great week!

Until next time ^____^

1 comment:

  1. You did beautifully! I hate frigging and have basically given up on counted cross stitch. Lol

    I'm so sorry to hear about his diagnosis. I hope they caught it early and he will be ok.

    ReplyDelete