Monday, March 27, 2017

Potions, Brews, and Spells progress

Hi, again :) It's been a while since I posted on my Friday Frolicking on my Potions, Brews, and Spells pattern. I wanted to have a few Friday's worth of stitching before I posted about it again. So here is my progress since the last time :)




I ended up with my initials and date after last week's frolicking. There is a few more cross stitch bits below this section, but a majority of it is backstitching, specialty stitches, and cross stitching over one. After I get the regular cross stitching done in this section, I plan on moving back up and leaving the bottom section until last.


I was able to get a close up photograph of the thread color. Isn't it pretty? I love the variegated purples. It has been a while since I've worked with colored silks and I don't think I've ever worked with a variegated one before. I love how it stitches up.

I wish I could afford to do it more often, but the threads are pricey. I splurged on this project and bought the required fabric and threads because I am stitching this for myself and hope to frame it after it is done :)

Maybe some day I'll be able to get a photograph of the fabric that shows its true color. My cell phone camera does whatever it wants with this fabric depending on the time of day and lighting......ugh!

Until next time ^____^

11 comments:

  1. Ooohhh my favourite colour is purple and that thread is gorgeous!! 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is! Part of me is glad that I don't have a cross stitch shop nearby. Those threads are a temptation :)

      Delete
  2. A wonderful colour that you use for this project. And very nice progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) The color makes up for stitching on a higher thread count for sure.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That thread color is gorgeous. I love the variegated threads, but get bored sometimes of having to do one stitch at a time instead of working in rows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually worked in rows. I think it still variegates well because parts of it have a few stitches on each row. You are right though. If it had huge sections of stitching, it would look wonky and would be a pain to stitch one at a time!!

      Delete
  5. Great progress and wonderful thread color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress Rachel.
    Oooh! I hadn't realised that you needed to finish each stitch before going on to the next! I'm glad I read this advice as I've been considering using variegated threads shortly!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely work one stitch at a time if you have large areas of stitching. Luckily the few variegated projects I've stitched had small rows so they came out well with normal stitching.

      Good luck with trying the threads :) DMC has some nice colors if you want to experiment without breaking your budget with specialty threads!

      Delete
  7. Good morning, Rachel. So very, very pretty! I love variegated threads, but you are right, you have to be diligent in working the rows! I wasn't paying attention one time, had to frog an entire house! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete