Favorites (in order):
1. Glico Cream Collon – this is made by the same company who produces Pocky. These cream collon shells remind me of Pirouettes sticks. Even though they are labeled as vanilla, they seem to have a faint coconut flavor.
2. Kit Kat Black – these are from the ‘Adult-Taste’ line of Kit Kats. I’ve never been a fan of dark chocolate, but I enjoyed these Kit Kats as the flavor was hardly bitter like most dark chocolates.
3. Tirol Jersey Milk Choco – my box came with two flavors, milk and coffee. The milk flavor reminded me of White Rabbit candies or any of the other hard milk candies. I was surprised that I liked the coffee flavor. I think it is because the flavor is light.
4. Marble Chocolate – these adorable chocolate candies are the Japanese cousins to M&Ms. They are decorated with cute illustrations of dogs….at least I thought it was a dog…..?!
5. Saikoro Caramel – I love the packaging on these caramels. The cube box comes with two caramels, perfect for sharing. The caramel was soft and sweet.
Questionable (in order):
1. Bakauke seafood curry senbei – since I don’t eat seafood, I wasn’t sure if I was tasting that flavor in this senbei. You can definitely taste the curry spices in the senbei though.
2. Orion custard cake – only reason for being in this category is because I didn’t try the custard part of this cake because it was out in the heat too long. I did, however, try the cake part and I am doubtful about the ‘vanilla’ flavoring. If it was there, it was quite faint.
3. Kewpie Mayonnaise – yet another casualty of a hot mailbox. My coworker and I didn’t want to take the chance of getting sick from spoiled mayonnaise so we sadly tossed the packet in the trash. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that Skoshbox puts it in a future box during the cooler months of the year.
4. Matcha Azuki Jelly – while I love azuki, it made an odd pairing in this jelly. I wasn’t sure if I liked it or not. I do wish it had the texture/consistency of the kyoho grape kanten jelly as it was soft.
1. Matcha Chokoshi – a green tea chocolate puffed rice snack. Definitely not something I’d try again. Seemed to be more green tea than chocolate; I would rather have the matcha chocolate from last month’s box!
2. Kyoho Grape Kanten Jelly – I can’t deny that it tastes like grape jelly, but that’s my basis for disliking it. I HATE grape flavored foods/drinks (even wine). Too many years as a kid with gross grape flavored medicine. It has ruined me for any types of grapes except for white grapes.
All in all, a great package. I would hope Skoshbox would reconsider what they pack in their summer boxes, especially for those of us who live in warm areas of the country.
Until next time ^____^