Monday, May 20, 2013

Mobi-Con - A BIG THANK YOU!

Wow, what a weekend at Mobi-con! My friends and I had a lot of fun at our booth this year in the Artists' Alley. We did pretty well for our first year in the alley compared to the year before when we had a booth in the dealers' room.

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who bought from our booth! We had a great time talking to our customers about anime, general geekiness, and K-pop. I would like to personally thank everyone who bought one of my amigurumi plushies. I am so glad that they found new homes ;)

I took a few pics of people who bought my amigurumis!


First up is Alice, a talented girl who also crochets! She was my first customer on Friday before the dealers' room even opened. She and her mom had a booth in there this year. I took a pic of her displaying my Totoro ami on her Link shield. So cute!


One of my last cutomers on Sunday afternoon. I couldn't resist asking the Joker to pose with his new octopus friend!

As I mentioned in an earlier post, we had a giveaway with our origami crane cherry blossom tree. I took a picture of one of our customers, Amanda. She bought a lot of Kristina's K-pop merchandise!


She was the first person to win one of the two giveaways that we did. She was extremely excited to win and promptly picked out the panda giveaway bag because it featured pandas and black cats....two of her fave animals :)

Surprisingly, all my pictures that I took in the Artists' Alley hallway were blurry and out of focus when seen close up...........but those taken outside were completely normal. Sigh..........if I had known earlier I would have had my customers pose outside! LOL

Here are a few pics of fun cosplayers:


Sailor Mars! Since I was at our booth I had to get one of my friends to run and take a picture of her for me ;)


I love her costume! Steampunk loveliness! You see what I'm talking about with the pics taken outside.......not blurry at all!


MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE COSPLAYER AT THE CONVENTION! I saw this guy on Friday while I was at the booth by myself as my friends had gone off to look around the con. I immediately geeked out! Someone dressed as Barnabas Collins from the original 1960s Dark Shadows series. He came over and chatted with me for a while about Dark Shadows after I practically screamed at him when I saw his costume. He said he really wanted to go as Quentin Collins.........I really think he should do it next year. He'd have at least one person at the convention who would recognize his costume ;)

I hope my friends and I will be at Mobi-con next year. ^___^

Until next time ^__^

1 comment:

  1. One day I wanna go and be there with you guys! :) I'm glad you had a good time and that people loved your amis as much as I do! :)

    ReplyDelete