Saturday, February 16, 2013

Pink, cute and nerdy!

I received a lovely package from my friend Amanda in CA this week celebrating both Valentine's Day and the Chinese New Year!

Look at all the goodies!!


First off, super cute and lovely packaging! I always love her wrapping....don't you love the red/pink heart paper?!


From both Amanda and her mother for the Chinese New Year, a lucky dollar bill which includes an explanation of the Year of the Snake. Hope it gives me good luck in the New Year!


Amanda was telling me that a new Japanese dollar store opened up near her house! Look at the swag she scored for me! A Popin' Cookin' kit, a plastic pink piggy bank full of jello snacks, a small plastic heart-themed container, two bags - a blossom shopping bag and a pencil pouch (perfect for crochet hooks!), an iron on bunny sticker, and a lucky cat charm!

Update: Ms. Amanda has informed me that the bags were bought at the Japanese dollar store. So where did she get the rest of the awesome swag? I have no idea, but I might have to check out her sources of cute merchandise the next time I'm in CA :)

SO CUTE!!!! LOL

The trouble with being a booklover in a big/small town is the fact that well-known authors don't do book signings here and when they do it seems to always be across the bay...........sigh..............but guess what? Amanda hooked me up!

I had mailed a few of my Gail Carriger books to her over the summer to get them signed at Comic-Con. Sadly, she wasn't able to make it, but the author had a signing at Mysterious Galaxy bookstore last weekend!

She got my books signed!! Woohoo!


I had mailed her my two paperbacks and she bought me the latest novel by Carriger while at the signing, Etiquette and Espionage. Squeal...................

Sorry.............geek moment! Ms. Carriger is one of my favorite steampunk novelists. Her witty and fun writing reminds me of Elizabeth Peters' Peabody novels ;)

Thank you darling for the super cute package!!! I love it all!

Until next time ^____^

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Panda8ngel said...
    Actually, the only thing from this package that's from that store are the bags. But more goodies will be forthcoming. :)

    I'm glad you like everything! I'm gonna link this post onto my blog post. :)

    ReplyDelete