Sunday, June 7, 2009

Pinkeep and tin ;)

I got the chance to go by Hobby Lobby and pick up some supplies for my Amitie Bleu pinkeep finish yesterday and I put it together this morning! Sadly, it is a bit open on the right side O_o" I should have moved it over a tad to completely center it. Well, it isn't bad for my first large pinkeep.


Design: Amitie - Bleu freebie by Windy Willows
Threads: DMC
Fabric: 32 ct Cashel antique white Zweigart
Finished: As a pinkeep, 6/7/09



Fabric for back of pinkeep ;)

I also took out a small design that I had stitched up last year and completely forgot about!! I bought the kit at Hobby Lobby in their clearance section.


Design: Busy Bee - Needle Keep by Lorri Birmingham Designs
Threads: DMC
Fabric: 14 ct Aida
Finished: As a tin, 6/7/09


The kit came with all the notions to finish the project; I just never got around to it. There was thread to make some cording for the edges of tin, but I couldn't figure out how to make cording to save my life so I got some burgundy braid out of my stash and used that ;)

In other news, I have been working on my Saisons sampler, but I don't want to bore you with photos of it all the time!

I almost forgot! I have an amusing story to tell you. I had forgot to get a glue gun at Hobby Lobby and while I was at Target I decided to ask one of the sales attendants if they had one! Never ask a man for a glue gun!! He said they sold them and lead me to the tool section and showed me a Stanley glue gun?!?!?!? I didn't heart to tell the man that wasn't what I was looking for. I wonder if he had ever since a craft glue gun in his life?! Well, at least that experience made me laugh for the rest of the day when I thought about it :)

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. What lovely work! Every time I see one of your new projects I wonder why I'm not working harder!

    ReplyDelete