Sunday, December 17, 2017

Cinderella Sampler

Pattern: Cinderella Samper by Willow Hill Samplings
Fabric: 32ct oyster linen by M.C.G. Textiles
Threads: recommended DMC
Start: 12/17/2017

The Cinderella sampler won out against the CCN cakes this time around. As you may remember (it's okay if you don't), I had bought fabric for this design from Accented Inc. when Kristina and I were in New Orleans earlier this year. After looking at it against the recommended DMC threads, it seemed too dark of a fabric. The LNS didn't have the recommended fabric color so I opted for a mocha color fabric, but it just doesn't work.

So while I was at Hobby Lobby, I bought some 32ct oyster colored linen by M.C.G. Textiles. I was hoping to buy the cream colored linen by Wichelt, but the cut of fabric was too small for the pattern (darn it!). LOL So I went with the oyster color instead.

I plan on working on this design tomorrow morning before heading over to the bowling alley for our work Christmas party. Our boss is being....well, a boss, by picking teams. My coworkers and I had already decided to form our own team; that was only reason I signed up to go. We asked one of our supervisors and he said he didn't care what we did when we got in the building. LOL 

I can't wait to play. I never get together with my coworkers outside of work.

Until next time ^___^

2 comments:

  1. A great start of this design. It seems that you are very happy with your fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How was bowling? I haven't gone in a long time!

    ReplyDelete