Sunday, December 18, 2011

Chocolate candy cane cupcakes



Good morning! We are having our annual Christmas lunch tomorrow at work. I decided that I would bake something for people to enjoy in the morning as they come into work. I scoured the Internet last night looking for a good recipe for chocolate cupcakes.

I came across one called chocolate candy cane cupcakes that adds crushed candy canes in the batter. Once the cupcakes cool, you frost them with Cool Whip and sprinkle crushed candy canes on top. The recipe yields about 30 cupcakes depending on how you fill the cupcake pan.

I wasn't planning on making cupcakes. I was actually thinking of making some sort of brownie or cookie batch. But my mother and I went by the Eastern Shore Centre across the bay yesterday afternoon and I saw a cupcake kit that changed my mind about making them immediately!



Isn't it lovely? The Nutcracker is by far my favorite ballet and I couldn't resist picking up two of these kits at Williams-Sonoma while I was browsing. I could easily spend alot of money that I don't need to when I walk in a Williams-Sonoma store and look at their baking section! I came away with two cupcake kits and two large lucky 'penny' chocolate bars :)

I have to wait until the cupcakes completely cool before topping them with Cool Whip and crushed peppermint. I won't put in the Nutcracker toppers until tomorrow morning after I get them to work :)

I'll have to remember to bring my camera to take pictures of the finished cupcakes!

Until next time ^_____^

No comments:

Post a Comment